Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Panel Break! Introduction

Alright welcome to the introduction of my tutorial blog Panel Break! It's been a long time in the making but it's finally here. As some of you know I have been teaching workshops at my local art store in Jacksonville, Fl. Where I cover varying techniques about the art of comics and cartooning. So this blog will be a perfect supplement for that, but more concentrated on the storytelling aspect of comics.


Comics offers a unique set of tools to capture the reader and help immerse them and make them apart of the visual experience before them. Comics, unlike movies don't have huge screens and loud speakers to help immerse the viewer, instead we as sequential illustrations have a humble selection of tools to help do the very same thing. And that is exactly what this blog will be focusing on.


I will be selecting a sequence of panels or even a whole page at times from my current work and dissecting it and explaining the thinking and mechanics behind them. I will break the storytelling down from the script and move all the way to the finished page. So enough of this, let's get to the good stuff!


-N

No comments:

Post a Comment